We take pride in offering outstanding services to both our Owners as well as our Tenants.
If you are a current renter please look through our available services such as rent payment & maintenance requests, and if there is anything we can assist with please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Need to pay rent?
We have payment options available 24 hours a day including online payments, night drop box, and convenience office hours.
Night Drop Location: 5635 NE Elam Young Parkway Suite 304 Hillsboro, OR 97124
We strictly follow the Federal, State, and Local Fair Housing Laws.
A completed application will include the following:
- All forms and documents for each financially responsible person over 18 years of age that intend to reside at the property.
- There is an application fee of $50 for each applicant over 18 years of age regardless of martial or familial status. This must be in secured funds (cashier’s check or money order). No cash or personal checks can be accepted.
- Each applicant must include a copy of their photo identification; driver’s license, State issued identification card, passport, military issued identification, etc.
- Verifiable documentation for your income must be provided.
- All service and support animals must be disclosed. A Request for Reasonable Accommodation/Modification will need to be submitted for each service/support animal. Documentation from a medical provider will also be required stating the need for the service/support animal. A picture of the animal is required.
- All pets of any kind must be disclosed. If allowed, there will be restrictions, conditions and additional deposits. Please see below for the deposit fees. A picture of each pet is required.
- All vehicles of any kind must be disclosed.
If any required information is not provided, the application is not considered complete. Complete applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served order.
Once an application is submitted, the property will no longer be shown although it will continue to be marketed. Applications may take up to three business days to process. Once approval is given, the accepted candidate(s) will have 2 business days to make arrangements to sign a rental agreement and will pay ½ the security deposit. This is non-refundable and must be paid in secured funds (cashier’s check or money order). Once move in has occurred, the deposit will become potentially fully refundable.
Full first month’s rent and remaining security deposit are required upon move in and are payable in secured funds; cashier’s check or money order. After that, a tenant has the privilege of paying by personal check or online via Rent Track unless revoked due to insufficiently funded checks or late payment.
Any utilities that are a tenant’s responsibility must be placed in the tenant’s name on the date of move in and account numbers must be provided.
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. (A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and a closet for clothing.)
- Two persons are allowed per bedroom.
1. When you apply, your credit and background will be pulled electronically. For this reason, application fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
2. If Applicant(s) make any derogatory or offensive comments, and/or act in a threatening, combative, intoxicated or disorderly manner, during any phase of the inspection, meeting or application process will result in a denial of your application.
3. Each applicant will be required to qualify individually or as per specific criteria areas. Income will be calculated based on the entire household unless requested otherwise.
4. Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application
5. Any individual whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the complex or the property of others, will be denied tenancy.
6. The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire household.
7. Government issued photo ID will be required.
8. Any applicant currently using illegal substances will be denied.
9. All applicants residing at the property must be current on all child support obligations with no payments past due or in arrears in any county, state or local jurisdiction.
10. Incomplete applications will not be approved.
11. Applicant must be able to enter into a legally binding contract
- Income: The total gross income from all applicants must meet the minimum requirements. lack
- Employment: Must show verifiable employment.
- Credit: A credit check will be done for each applicant. Each applicant must meet the minimum credit score requirement.
- Rental History: A satisfactory rental history search will include no evictions, property damage, outstanding rents owed, etc.
- Criminal: Both a criminal data base search and a sex offender search are done.
- All tenants, unless must carry an insurance policy to cover their belongings. A copy of this is required prior to move in. Exemption: If your household income is 50% or less of the median family income for the area (area based on census map) you are not required to have renters insurance. We do strongly advise having it as it will protect you and your personal property should a loss or accident occur on the premises.
- Income sources shall include, but are not limited to: wages, rent assistance (non-governmental only), and monetary public benefits and are based on the cumulative financial resources of all financially responsible applicants.
- Minimum income requirements
- For properties outside the City of Portland, monthly gross income* should be equal to three- and one-half times stated rent, and must be from a verifiable, legal source.
- For properties within the City of Portland, monthly gross income* must be two times the monthly stated rent, or 2 and one-half times the monthly rent if the monthly rent amount is below the maximum monthly rent for a household earning no more than 80 percent of the median household income as published annually by the Portland Housing Bureau. Refer to https://www.multifamilynw.org/PHB_Rent_Income_Limits
*If applicant will be using local, state, or federal housing assistance as a source of income, “Monthly stated rent” as used in this section means that portion of the rent that will be payable by applicant and excludes any portion of the rent that will be paid through the assistance program.
- Self-employed individuals will be required to show the previous year tax return (both business and personal) and any business names and corporate filings will be verified through the state. If applicant is earning a wage or drawing a salary from their business, income will be based on pre-adjusted gross income as reported on their personal tax return. If no wage is drawn, six (6) months of bank statements will be required, and the average monthly ending balance will be used to verify monthly income. You must contact our office to supply this information.
- If non-employment income is being used, the applicant must provide information verifying their right to receive the income and that the obligations of the payor are current. To qualify based on liquid assets, the household must have liquated assets equal to 24 months of rent.
- Twelve months of verifiable employment will be required if used as source of income.
- Self-employed applicants will be verified through state corporation commission and may be required to submit the previous year’s tax returns.
- Minimum credit score
- For properties outside the City of Portland, a credit score of 600 or higher is required for each applicant.
- For properties within the City of Portland, a credit score of 500 or higher is required for each financially responsible applicant.
- Insufficient credit history, unless an applicant in bad faith withholds credit history information that might otherwise form the basis for a denial, may result in an additional security deposit in the amount of half a month’s rent.
- Two or more unpaid collections (not related to medical or vocational expenses) will result in denial of the application.
- Negative information provided by a consumer credit reporting agency indicating past-due unpaid obligations in amounts greater than $1,000 will result in a denial of the application.
- A balance owed for prior rental property damage in an amount greater than $500 will result in a denial of the application
- A bankruptcy, filed by the applicant, that has been discharged shall not result in a denial of the application.
- A Chapter 13 Bankruptcy filed by the applicant, and under active repayment shall not result in a denial of the application.
- Medical or education/vocational training debt will not be used as a factor in determining credit criteria.
RENTAL HISTORY CRITERIA
- One year of current rental history or mortgage history verifiable by a third party is required. (Rental references ending 12 months prior to the date of application will not be considered current)
- Current or previous rental/mortgage history showing 1-2 late payments within the previous 12 months of application will require an additional deposit equal to 50% of one month’s rent.
- Three (3) or more late RENTAL payments, 144 hour notices or 72 hour notices within the previous 12 months of application will result in denial of the application.
- Three (3) or more late MORTGAGE payments within the previous 12 months of application will require an will result in denial of the application.
- Two (2) or more NSF checks within a one year period will result in denial.
- In addition to your current landlord reference we require that you provide your previous landlord/mortgage information if applicable.
- An application insufficient in rental/mortgage history requirements or a non-third party shall require an additional security deposit equal to 50% of stated rental amount or a cosigner.
- Three (3) years of eviction free rental history is required. Eviction actions that were dismissed or resulted in a judgment for the applicant will not be considered.
- A pending eviction action that has not yet resulted in a dismissal or judgment in favor of the Applicant, at the time the application is submitted will be denied.
- Rental history with past due rent or an outstanding balance will be denied.
- Rental history demonstrating lease violations will result in denial.
CRIMINAL CONVICTION CRITERIA
We will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has charges pending for, been convicted of, or pled guilty or no contest to, any: drug-related crime; person crime; sex offense; crime involving financial fraud, including identity theft and forgery; or any other crime if the conduct for which the applicant was convicted or is charged is of a nature that would adversely affect property of the landlord or a tenant or the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of the premises of residents, the landlord or the landlord’s agent.
A single conviction, guilty plea, no contest plea or pending charge for any of the following shall be grounds for denial of the rental application. If there are multiple convictions, guilty pleas or no contest pleas on the applicant’s record, we may increase the number of years by adding together the years in each applicable category. We will not consider expunged records.
- Murder, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, aggravated vehicular manslaughter, class A felonies involving arson, rape, kidnapping, child sex crimes, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 10 years.
- Class A felonies not included above for , drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, burglary, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 10 years.
- Class B felony for drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, aggravated theft, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 7 years.
- Class C felony for drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, burglary, theft, criminal mischief, coercion, animal abuse, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 5 years.
- Class A misdemeanor for drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, criminal impersonation, violation of a restraining order, criminal mischief, stalking, disorderly conduct, unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of burglary tools, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 3 years.
- Class B misdemeanor for drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, disorderly conduct, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last 18 months.
Criminal Conviction Review Process
Owner/Agent will engage in an individual assessment of the applicant’s, or other proposed occupant’s. Convictions if applicant has satisfied all other criteria (the denial was based solely on one or more Convictions) and:
- Applicant has submitted supporting documentation prior to the public records search; or
- Applicant is denied based on failure to satisfy these criminal criteria and has submitted a written request along with supporting documentation. Supporting documentation may include;
- A letter from parole or probation office;
- Letter from caseworker, therapist, counselor, etc.;
- Certification of treatments/rehab programs;
- Letter from employer, teacher, etc.
- Certification of training completed;
- Proof of employment; and
- Statement of the applicant.
- Consider relevant individualized evidence of mitigating factors, which may include: the facts or circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct; the age of the convicted person at the time of the conduct; the since the criminal conduct; time since release from incarceration or completion of parole; evidence that the individual has maintained a good tenant history before and/or after the conviction or conduct; and evidence of rehabilitation efforts. Owner/Agent may request additional information and may consider whether there have been multiple Convictions as part of this process.
- Notify applicant of the results of Owner/Agent’s review within a reasonable time after receipt of all required information.
- Hold the unit for which the application was received for a reasonable time under all circumstances to complete the review unless prior to receipt of applicant’s written request (if made after denial) the unit was committed to another applicant.
- Up to two (2) pets may be approved if the property accepts pets.
- All pets of any kind must be disclosed.
- Pets may be approved with an additional security deposit per pet along with the property owner’s permission. Certain restrictions on size and breed may apply. Please refer to our list of restricted dog breeds.
- No exotic pets are permitted.
- Pets must be spayed or neutered.
- Please refer to our Restricted Breeds list for dogs.
The additional deposits for pets are listed below.
- Dogs (must show valid license):
- up to 15 lbs. – $250
- 16-30 lbs. – $350
- 31-45 lbs. – $400
- 46-60 lbs. – $450
- 61- 75 lbs. – $500
- 76-90 lbs. – $600
- over 90 lbs. – $700
- Cats – $300
- Ferrets – $500
- Rabbits – $ 300
- Small Rodents such as mice, rats, gerbils, hamsters, etc. – $150
- Reptiles such as snakes, iguanas, etc. – $200
- Birds – $200
- Aquariums larger than 10 gallons – to be determined
Disabled Accessibility Statement
If a disabled person requests a reasonable modification, existing premises may be modified at the full and complete expense of the disabled person if the disabled person agrees to restore the premises (per fair housing guidelines) at their own expense to the pre-modified condition. We may require:
- The applicant to seek written approval from the landlord before making any modifications.
- Reasonable assurance (in writing) that the work will be performed in a workmanlike manner.
- Reasonable details regarding the extent of the work to be performed.
- Names and contact information of the qualified contractors to be used.
- Appropriate building permits and licenses must be obtained and made available to the landlord for inspection.
- A deposit for the restoration may be required.